This is a Free Tutorial about Microsoft Project 2007 and you find more free tutorials here written by Johan Beijar. More tutorials about Microsoft Project 2007 are frequently added. These tutorials will not guarantee that you will run a successful project or be a great manager but it will increase you possibilities of understanding and work more efficiant with the project management software.
Microsoft Project 2007 uses, by default, the Standard Base Calender when you create a new project but it can sometimes be handy to set specific calenders for individual resourcers. The resource Carpenter John is for exampel unavailable every Tuesday after lunch and it is much easier and secure to define this information in MS Project 2007 than to calculate this manually.You do this by:1. Bring up the resource-sheet. 2. Double-click on the resource of your choise, in this case Carpenter John, and the Resource Information Dialogue box appears.
Resource Dialogue box for Carpenter John.
3. Click Change Working Time…-button and you will see the Change Working Time dialogue box.
4. Click the Work Week-tab.
Change Working Time Dialogue box. Click Work Week tab.
5. Click the [Default] and then the Details-button.
6. Select the days that you would like to change working time for. Press and hold CTRL-button and choose more than one day. In this exampel Carpenter John is only off on Tuesday afternoon. Choose the Set day(s) to specific working times-option.
7. Click on the second row which by defaults says 13:00 - 17:00.
8. Delete that row.
9. Change the time from 08:00 to 07:00 and click OK.
Details dialogue box. Choose day(s) and specify time.
Please note that this change is not considered as an exception but a change to the Standard Calender for the specific resouce.
Good Luck and read more about Non Working Days.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.