This is a Free Tutorial about Microsoft Project 2007 and you find more free tutorials here written by Johan Beijar. More tutorials about Microsoft Project 2007 are frequently added. These tutorials will not guarantee that you will run a successful project or be a great manager but it will increase you possibilities of understanding and work more efficiant with the project management software. Â
In a project you often have recurring tasks,Â for an example project meetings or reports that you have on weekly or bi-weekly basis.Â One option is that you create one task for each such meeting or report but you could also create one recurring task, which I recommend you to do. To create a recurring task in Microsoft Project 2007;
1. Choose Insert -> Recurring Task…
2. Enter the name of the Recurring Task (Weekly Report).
3. Enter the duration of the task. You estimate that the report on avarage takes half a day to complete.
4. When this is a weekly report you set the Recurrance Pattern to Weekly and that the task is schedule to every Friday.
5. You can either define an End date of the recurring task or define the task to end after x occurences.
To create a recurring task.
Result after creating a recurring task.Â
Please note that you are able to expand the summary task and edit each individual Weekly Report.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.